Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kites

Seasons of disillusion,
Kites of my heart,
Roam with no good reason,
Back to the place of our first love.

Scribbles in my notebook,
Remember the tone of your voice,
Evoking your ways of being,
A girl in woman vase.

But when the Southern wind blew,
Dragged me to your latitude,
And I look for you in the back of this bar,
Or the streets of any city.
Kites of disillusion,
Everything changes as I change too
I am afraid of that truth,
If I find you,
What will you see?

Give me one hope,
Tell me one more thing,
Where did you hide,
And where are you going,
Send me a letter,
If by chance you remember,
All those days
They were only ours.

As this sensation floats on,
Just like that flying kite,
Nonetheless it’s all an illusion,
And I am a ghost in transition.
And today’s wind is not enough,
To push you in my direction,
I would need more than a hurricane,
Or the strongest forces of the Earth.

Give me that one hope,
Tell me one more thing,
Why did you hide,
And where will you go,
Do send me that letter,
Because I know you remember,
All those days,
They were only ours.

Seasons of reconstruction,
Kites of my heart,
Tied up on a light pole,
Like all our divine and blue dreams,
Kites of dissilussion,
Everything changes as I change too,
I am scared of knowing that truth
If I find you,
Then what will you see… in me?

No comments: